Immigration – Annual Report 2017

Immigration - Annual Report 2017

All registered foreigners must file their annual report 2017 in the first 60 days of the yesr to the participating BoI Office. The Dumaguete Immigration District Office is the place to go for foreigners in Negros Oriental.

If one has a child below 14 years of age it can be reported by its parent or legal guardian.

BI Reminds Registered Aliens of 3 March Deadline for Annual Report

Registered aliens have until March 3, 2017 to report in person at the Bureau of Immigration offices and pay the annual fee, as provided for under Republic Act 562 or the Alien Registration Act.

Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Jaime H. Morente invited all registered aliens to visit the Head office in Intramuros, Manila or any of the Bureau’s field offices. “The Annual Report of registered aliens is required by R.A. 562 and they have to do this within the first 60 days of every year,” he said.

The BI Chief stressed that the Annual Report period is non-extendible and warned that “failure to comply shall result in imposition of administrative fine and/or imprisonment at the option on the Commissioner.”

For aliens who are less than 14 years of age, Morente said it shall be the duty of their parent or legal guardian to report on their behalf.

The rules state that aliens making the Annual Report shall each pay to the government an Annual Report Fee of P300 and Legal Research Fee of P10.

They shall also present their original and valid Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) and a confirmation number issued to them via the Bureau’s Annual Report 2016 Online System.

An alien may no longer report in person if he had personally appeared in at least one of the Annual Reports held in 2014, 2015, or 2016 and upon presentation of a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) and valid identification document by his legal representative.

An alien who returns to the Philippines with a re-entry permit shall, if he has not yet made the required Annual Report, make such report within 30 days from the date of his return to the Philippines.

All aliens are encouraged to report and remit the Annual Report fee payments at BI designated offices, the list of which can be can found in the Bureau’s website.

(text source website of BOI)

A Word of Advice

The Dumaguete Immigration Field office is quite small and very busy throughout the year. You can speed up the process by being prepared. Have all your papers ready, bring the required printouts, copies and/or pictures.

5 replies
  1. Don
    Don says:

    This does NOT apply to those with the SRRV [Special Resident Retirement Visa] visas given under the PRA [Philippine Retirement Authority] … they are exempt from the annual reporting hassle … a definite advantage for those with PRA visas … of course, the cost is higher than the BI visas, but well worth it to get more respect, courtesy, and convenience 🙂

    This may also apply to the other types of visas given under the PRA system as well.

  2. Danny Featherbe
    Danny Featherbe says:

    I am so nervous going to the Philippines for the forth time to marry my fiance at our place in Balingasag. I then intend for her to be my carer under my AA attendance form,Then I hope to get her a visa to come to my home in the Uk for a holiday, mainly to pray in our lovely churches. Could you please help and advice me on this issue, Thank you

    • Rosario - DC-Team
      Rosario - DC-Team says:

      That sounds like a plan which involves a lot of paperwork. At present times, you better´d be prepared that this may take a few months if not years, to get that all together.
      We are not aware of the UK laws, therefore you might want to get in touch with the offices in charge in the UK.
      God bless and stay safe.

  3. George
    George says:

    Need to book in to Dumaguete office for Annual report. When l try to book it says go to Manila office. Surely l can do this in Dumaguete.

    • Rosario - DC-Team
      Rosario - DC-Team says:

      No need to book an appointment. You just can visit the immigration office in Dumaguete.
      However, the report had to be filed before March 1. So you missed out on that. We dont know, if there is a penalty, and/or if the office in Dumaguete can still process it.


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.