Ipe Remollo – Mayor of Dumaguete City
The winners of the polls that concluded yesterday have been proclaimed by the Commission on Elections (Comelec) in its different elective positions in Dumaguete City. Felipe Antonio Ipe Remollo will take over the position as Mayor of Dumaguete City. In a close race Ipe Remollo outnumbered incumbent Vice Mayor Woodrow Maquiling Sr. by 2,386 votes. It is a continuation of the tradition, that a Vice Mayor running for the mayoral position in the City of Dumaguete cannot win the election.
Incumbent Councilor Franklin Esmeña Jr. (NPC) topped the race with 28,499 votes for the position as Vice Mayor. City Councilor Antonio “Tonyrems” Remollo came with 24,824 votes in on the second place.
New City Councilors of Dumaguete
Of the 22 candidates running for a position as City Councilors the following candidates made the top 10.
- Alan Gel Cordova (LP) – 32,740 votes
- Karissa Tolentino (LP) – 32,409 votes
- Agustin Perdices (LP) – 29,195 votes
- Eslao Alviola (Ind) – 29,039 votes
- JV Imbo (NPC) – 28,001 votes
- Joe Kenneth Arbas (LP) – 27,522 votes
- Lani Ramon (LP) – 27,004 votes
- Michael Bandal (LP) – 24,586 votes
- Manny Arbon (LP) – 24,500 votes
- Chaco Sagarbarria (NPC) – 22,797 votes
Dumaguete’s acting election officer Atty. Andre Villasis announced the poll winners and results of the 2016 election just after 1:00am Tuesday afternoon. According to Villasis, the polls in Dumaguete City and Negros Oriental were peaceful and only a few minor glitches with some VCMs (vote counting machines) were encountered.
Congratulations to Ipe Remollo to be elected as Mayor of Dumaguete City as well as to Franklin Esmeña Jr. to be the new Vice Mayor and the ten City Councilor. May you guide the City with strength and wisdom.