Tag Archive for: Bureau of Immigration

Temporary Travel Restrictions for Inbound Passengers in the Philippines

The Bureau of Immigration updated their Temporary Travel Restrictions in the Philippines. Only permanent residents can enter starting August 1. Read more.

Chinese Travelers in Dumaguete Seeks Visa Extension

Chinese mother & daughter travelers in Dumaguete seeks tourist visa extension amid the coronavirus. Several Chinese tourists do the same. Read more!!!

Immigration - Annual Report 2017

Immigration – Annual Report 2017

All registered foreigners must file their annual report 2017 in the first 60 days. The Dumaguete BOI is the place to go for foreigners in Negros Oriental.

Alien Registration Project - ARP

Bureau of Immigration – Alien Registration Project -ARP

Each Foreigner who visited the Bureau of Immigration (BOI) was certainly wondering about the mountains of paperwork the ladies and gentlemen in the office have to go through. Honorable Commissioner Siegfred B. Mison has made it a point to streamline the workflow in the BOI and give all a better structure. The Alien Registration Project (ARP) is one of the new inventions which should help in this process.

Alien Registration Project - ARP

The ARP (in Compliance with Immigration Operation Order no. 2014-043) has the goal to register all foreign nationals living in the Philippines and give everyone a individual Special Security Registration Number (SSRN).

Announcement from the BOI regarding the ARP

All Foreign Nationals are required to present themselves before the bureau of Immigration for biometric capturing and issuance of SPECIAL SECURITY REGISTRATION NUMBER (SSRN)

October 01, 2014 to September 30, 2015

The SSRN is an alpha-numeric number assigned to every forign national who registers under the ARP and shall be used in all transactions with the Bureau.

  1. Download, print and fill-out the application form immigration.gov.ph
  2. Submit the application form in person and present competent proof of identification (passport/travel document or ARCI-card even if expired, or birth certificate at any participating Bureau of Immigration Office .
  3. Have your fingerprint and image capture and encoded in the Bureau of Immigration database.
  4. Pay the necessary fees (does not include postage fees)

SSRN certificate (for undocumented or overstaying) PHP 700.00
ACRI- card (for newly-registered valid status and voluntary registrants ) USD Php 50.00 plus Php 500.00
ACRI-card (for re-issuance) USD Php 20.00

5. Receive your SSRN on the same day. SSRN Certification or ACRI-card shall be sent by mail. (must submit self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage stamp)

Exemption :

  • Those with valid ACRI-card (except tourist ACRI-card)
  • Tourist whose stay has not exceeded 59 days:
  • Those who are exempt from registration pursuant to law.


+632- 465 2400

Email: xinfo@immigration.gov.ph

Frequently asked questions

  1. What do I get from the ARP?

A 90-day deferred administrative action to comply with the requirements to regularize stay; and chance to benefit from any future legislation that may grant a regular status.

  1. What happens if I do not participate in the ARP?

Liable to arrest and deportation if found in violation of immigration laws.

  1. What happen if I do not participate in the ARP within the compliance period?

Penalty of Php 200 per month but not exceeding Php 2,000 per year.

  1. If I am an illegal foreign national, will be deported if I participate in the ARP?

No. Those illegally staying will be advised on the process to comply with immigration laws.

  1. If I participate in the ARP, will I be cleared from any liability?

No. Participation in the ARP is not an amnesty. It will not erase previous violations.


The Alien Registration Project-form is available for download on the website of the BOI ( BI Form 2014-08-019 Rev 0) or can be picked up in the regional BOI office in Dumaguete.

LSVVE–6 Month Tourist Visa

For our foreign friends who might have heard the FALSE rumors or read some “wishful thinking” on various websites and internet forums, we feel some clarification about the Implementation of the Long-Stay Visitor Visa is needed.

Since 2013 long stay tourists can apply for a 6 month Long Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE), or how most foreign visitors call it, the 6 month visa. This is a good move of the BI. Plenty of long stay tourist stay in remote areas in the Philippines and travel in areas where no field office is located. They always needed to find a field office of the Bureau of Immigration and plan their travel according to their 2 month extension.

As of now (date article published), the 6 month Long Stay Visitor Visa Extension can ONLY be applied in the BI Main Office in Manila, Intramuros. Find below the content of the Memorandum Order No. RADJR-2013-007

Implementation of the Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE)

Pursuant to Memorandum Circular No, RAIDJR-2013-002, the following guidelines are hereby issued in connection with the implementation of the LSVVE:

  1. Applicability

    The LSVVE shall apply to all nationals.

  2. Extension of Tourist Visa

    Subsequent LSVVE’s may be applied for during the last thirty (30) days of the previously issued LSVVE or upon the expiry of a regular visa extension.

  3. Restriction of Extensions

    The approval of the Commissioner shall be required for visa extensions when the number of month applied for would exceed the 16-month limit.

    Foreign visitors with an accumulated total stay near the 16-month cap from the date of their latest arrival should be informed of the preceding restrictions should they apply for additional visa extensions.

    No LSVVE shall be issued to visa-required nationals whose stay exceeds twenty-four (24) month and thirty-six month for non-visa required nationals.

  4. Payment and Fees

    An additional One Hundred Peso (Php 100,00) as cost of the sticker visa shall accrue for the account of Bureau of Treasury.

    Applicable visa extension fees shall still be collected based on the schedule of fees for the entire six (6) month period.

  5. Implementation

    The initial implementation of the LSVVE shall be limited to the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila, until further notice.


Number 3 is very important. It states when reaching 16 month, one STILL need the approval of the commissioner. Due to some reasons, we would not speculate about, some might have gone away without writing a motion to get the approval of the Commissioner.

Regarding this topic we contacted the BI and asked the following (Q&A quoted from a longer mail exchange):

DINS: Does that means applicants still need to write a letter to the BoI to stay longer than 16 month?

Here is the clear answer of the BI

It would mean that the foreigner would write a motion for reconsideration stating the reason/s why he or she would like to stay here longer which would be upon the approval of the Honorable Commissioner.

A very clear statement, we believe.

Our advice to our foreign friends:

As a visitor, guest or permanent resident of the Philippines, stick to the rules. Visa Extensions or any Visa related issues should be processed by the rules and regulations of the Bureau of Immigration and not some unverified rumors published in confusing manner somewhere in the worldwide web. The rules, regulations and requirements are all public. For any questions get in touch with the offices in charge, in this case, the BI Head Office in Manila.

Do yourself a favor, stick to the rules to fully enjoy your stay in the Philippines. Those who spread all those wrong information, half-truths or special deals won’t surely be around to help you if something goes wrong.

Should you have any immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at (632) 524-3824 or (632) 524-3769 Trunk line: (632) 465- 2400, visit the BI website at www.immigration.gov.ph