PRC Requirements and Procedures for Name Change After Marriage
Dumaguete City – Negros Oriental – Philippines
After a couple has enter the matrimonial sacraments of congruency, changing of name is the important evidence that you have entered marriage. This tradition has passed on from generations to generation with only few variations of law in different countries. In the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) office, women will change their family name or surname to the family name of her husband keeping her born family name as her middle initial name.
Here are the requirements and procedures to change your name after marriage:
Note: The Application form has to be accomplished and signed by the petitioner herself and must be submitted in one copy
REQUIREMENTS for PRC Name Change after Marriage:
- Duly accomplished Petition Form that is notarized and under oath
- Original and Photocopy of your Certificate of Marriage/Marriage Contract duly issued by the National Statistics Office
- 2 pieces Passport-sized ID picture in white background with full name tag.
- Statutory fee of P225.00
- Metered documentary stamp
- Photocopy of PRC ID
- Official Receipt
PROCEDURES for PRC Name Change after Marriage:
- Fill out this Petition Form, and have it notarized.
- Proceed to Renewal Counter (for verification of your registered names and assessment of fees).
- Go to Customer Service, for metered documentary stamp.
- Proceed to any Cashier Windows for payment of fees.
- Submit duly accomplished Petition Form to the REGULATIONS SERVICES.
- Petition Form should be accompanied with a Certified True Copy of your Certificate of Marriage in NSO security paper. Should there be any discrepancy on the entries of the Certificate of Marriage and verifications, submit a Certificate of Live Birth in NSO security paper.
- For those professionals applying for any CORRECTION/S, REVERSION AND REMARRIAGE, the Petition for Correction of Date/Entry Form shall be accomplished please be advised to proceed directly to the REGULATIONS SERVICES, for assistance.
- Always bring the Original Copies of the required NSO documents for validation and further verification.
- You may visit the PRC Official Website (www.prc.gov.ph) for verification of your petition status, once amended, you may claim your PRC ID Card.
Hello po, magrenew po ako this coming march 2019 at the same time pwede po ba change status narin para isang punta nalang?
We are sorry for the delayed reply. We honestly, do not know how the PRC works with renewal and change of status. Please get in touch with your PRC Office instead. Thank you for understanding!
pwede naman daw magrenew and change status pero, pag nagrenew ka at that day, ung Maiden Name mo padin ang nakalagay sa ID mo.. after maximum of 2 months pa pwede ung changed Name na ID mo..
Hi po. Ang change of name PO b after remarriage ay pwedi walk in lang? Tsaka ano PO mga requirements na dapat ko iprepare?
No, you can’t walk in. For requirements, please scroll up to find the list.
Can i ask about my change of status?nong december pa ako ng change status pero hanggang ngaun wala p rin
We hope that you read the article carefully and thoroughly. Especially the part that goes:
Dumaguete.com is a private run website, sharing information we gathered from the offices.
We are NOT the PRC office!
For ANY related question, get in touch with the PRC office!
HI! pwede po kaya kahit hnd pa nso certified yung marriage contract?
Please contact the PRC Office regarding your question.
Good day po!
Nag file po ako petition for change name due to marriage sa PRC manila last June 2019.. How would I know if ok na po petition ko? Do I need to go back to PRC po? By Sept. po mag paparenew na din po kasi ako ng license.
Thanks po in advance.
We are not the PRC Office. Please contact your PRC Office for updates on the petition and for further questions.
check mo sa prc web site verification list type mo lng yong needed. If lumabas na married name mo pwedi kana mag apply ng id
Ang petition form for change of status po ba, dapat naka notarize na cya before going to your office? Or dyan na po magpapa notarize? Thank you and best regards.
If you read the whole article, you will read in red bold letters that we are NOT the PRC Office. Please get in touch with your respective PRC Office.
Para po ba machange ung surname mo sa prc id, kailangan mo po bang magbigay muna na petition, para Kong magparenew kna ng id machange na ang surname mo?
We are not the PRC Office. Please get in touch with your respective office. Good luck!
Hi, I was wondering if we have to show or surrender our old prc ID when we will file for renewal. Nawala ko kc ID ko pero mag rerenew na rin ako by September.
If you read the article, you will only need a photocopy of your old or previews PRC ID. For further questions, please get in touch with your PRC Office.
Hello po! Good Day!. ok lang po ba e sabay ang pag process ng petition of change status maam/sir at mag pag papa authenticate ng PRC ID ? salamat po.
Please contact your respective PRC Office for answers.
Hello po 🙂
Mag rerenew po ako as well as mag change surname. Uunahin ko po ba ang renewal bago mag chage status? Kasi 1 month to go nalang before expiration ng i.d ko.
Salamat and God bless po.
As written in the article above…
Dumaguete.com is a private run website, sharing information we gathered from their offices.
We are NOT connected with the PRC!
For ANY question, get in touch with their office!
Good day po ma’am nakapag register napo ako sa prc online kaso nakalimutan ko Po yong account ko po
Once my petition for change status is verified. Does the certificate’s like; good standing,board certificate and board rating will change into married name or as is/remain the same from my maiden name!? Thank you
hi po! Good day!. pag mag petition for change of name due to marriage ay dapat mag-walk in po?