Dumaguete City Local Civil Registrar Office

The Dumaguete City Local Civil Registrar keeps and the different important documents such as birth certificate, certificate of recognition, adoption papers, marriage certificate, death, and many more. This office is important to keep track of the different individuals who are proudly born, raised, and lived here in the City of Gentle People.

Local Civil Registry Office receives and keeps records showing the different facts of the beginning and end of the civil personality and modification in a person.  These facts are:

  • Birth
  • Recognition
  • Legitimation
  • Adoption
  • Marriage
  • Legal Separation, Annulment/Voiding of Marriage
  • Death
  • Election of Philippine Citizenship, Naturalization and Repatriation
  • Other Court Decrees and Legal Instruments affecting the civil personality of a person.
Dumaguete City Local Civil Registrar - Birth

Registration of Birth

The registration of Birth is available for an Informant-client (mother/father/guardian) or their authorized representative and an attendant-at-birth or hospital liaison officer if the child is born in a maternity clinic/hospital.

Note: A child has the right to a name and identity and should be registered within 30 days after birth. Beyond this period, the Local Civil Registrar will issue a delayed registration of live birth to ensure that the child’s right is protected.

Registration is free.
Service fee – PHP 50.00

Requirements: None


Step 1. Brief the informant-client (mother/father/guardian) or their authorized representative on the requirements and release schedule.
Step 2. Prepare and submit duly accomplished birth certificates together with two copies of master list.
Step 3. Pay service fee at the City Treasurer’s Office. (For babies born at Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital, please proceed to step 6)
Step 4. Receive two copies of the registered certificates and masterlist.
Step 5. Proceed to the Hospital/clinic at agreed date. Receive Birth Certificate and sign receipt logbook.
Step 6. (Public Hospitals) Proceed to Local Civil Registrar’s Office to inquire on the availability of the COLB.
Step 7. Proceed to CTO and pay fees.
Step 8. Proceed to LCRO and show receipt. Sign receipt logbook and receive COLB.

NOTE: transaction can be completed in eleven (11) working days

Reproductions/True Copies of Civil Registry Records:


  1. Accomplished request form from Local Civil Registrar Office counter.
  2. Any valid ID with picture and signature such as driver’s license, school, office, GSIS, and SSS.
  3. Authorization letter for person representing owner.
  4. Letter from a public office requesting copy for administrative purposes.


Step 1. Submit request form.
Step 2. Proceed to City Treasurer’s Office to pay fee(s).
Step 3. Proceed to Civil Registrar’s Office.
Step 4. Return to Civil Registrar’s Office on agreed date and time shown on claim stub; Receive copies.

Ordinary/Local use – PHP 30.00 per copy
Travel abroad – PHP 75.00 per copy
Certified machine reproduction – PHP 30.00 per copy
Other certifications – PHP 30.00 per copy

Dumaguete City Local Civil Registrar - Marriage License

Marriage License


  1. Certificates of Live Birth or Baptismal Certificate
  2. Parental consent or advice if applicant is below 25 years old
  3. Pre-marriage Counseling Certificate from any DSWD or POPCOM office.
  4. For widow/widower – Death certificate of spouse.
  5. For divorcees – Divorce decree
  6. Foreigners – Certificate of legal capacity to marry issued by Consular Office in the Philippines and Passport.
  7. CENOMAR (both parties) – issued by PSA (formerly NSO)
  8. Personal appearance of both applicants.


PHP 200.00 – Application fee
PHP 102.00 – Marriage License


Step 1. Secure application requirements and make clarificatory inquiries LCRO.
Step 2. Present required documents.
Step 3. Accomplish and submit application form.
Step 4. Proceed to City Treasurer’s Office and pay fee.
Step 5. Go back to LCRO and present the official receipt
Step 6. Wait for the Office to process
Step 7. Receive Marriage License and supporting documents.

Dumaguete City Local Civil Registrar

Petition for Change of First Name (CFN) or Correction of Clerical Errors (CCE)

R.A. 9048 authorizes the Local Civil Registrar and the Consular Offices to accept petitions for corrections of clerical errors and change of first name in the Civil Registry record, and expanded by R.A 10172 Correction of Child’s Sex and date of birth (month and day only). Normally, this transaction can be completed in two (2) to three (3) months.


  1. Three (3) certified machine copies of the record to be changed/corrected such as: Certificate of Live Birth (COLB)/Certificate of Marriage (COM)/Certificate of Death (COD) to be corrected.
  2. Documentary Evidences, such as: Baptismal certificate, school records, etc.
  3. If the entry to be corrected pertains to last names or middle names.
    • Civil registry records of ascendants
    • COLB of brothers/sisters
  4. For change of First Name in the Certificate of Live Birth (COLB), in addition to requirement 1 and 2, add all the following requirements:
    • Affidavit of Justification
    • NBI Clearance
    • Barangay Clearance
    • Police Clearance
    • Affidavit of Unemployment if not employed
    • Employment Clearance – No pending administrative and criminal case on file
  5. For Correction of Sex and Date of Birth, in addition to all clearances, the following must be complied:
    • Baptismal Certificate
    • Earliest academic/school record (primary)
    • Medical Certificate
    • Certification from the Public Health Officer the child has not undergone sex change/transplant
    • Certificate of Authenticity
  6. Poof of Publication (once a week for 2 consecutive weeks) after petition has been filed
    • Change of First Name (RA 9048) local of general circulation
    • Migrant CFN (RA 9048), Correction of sex and date of birth (RA 10172) national newspaper of general circulation
    • Affidavit of the Publisher with newspaper clipping
  7. Community Tax Certificate and valid Identification Card of petitioner


  • Correction of Clerical Error (CCE) – PHP 1,000.00
  • Change of First Name (CFN) – PHP 3,000.00
  • Correction of Clerical Error (CCE) RA 10172 – PHP 3,000.00
  • Certificate of Finality – PHP 50.00
  • Miscellaneous Expenses – PHP 200.00
  • Additional Service Fee for Migrant Petition
    • CCE – PHP 500.00
    • CFN – PHP 1,000.00


Step 1. Presentation of Problem- Approach employee in charge or the City Civil Registrar and inform applicant about the problems in your registry record.
Step 2. Submit requirements.
Step 3. Proceed to City Treasurer’s Office to pay fees.
Step 4. Go back to LCRO and present receipt with two (2) photocopies.
Step 5. Review and sign the petition.
Step 6. Submit newspaper and publisher’s Affidavit of Publication.
Step 7. Go back to LCRO to verify the result of the decision.
Step 8. Go back to LCRO to follow up CRG’s decision.
Step 9. Proceed to CTO to pay fees.
Step 10. Go back to LCRO to claim petitioner and OCRG copies.
Step 11. Proceed to PSA for annotated copy

Dumaguete.com is a private run website, sharing information we gathered from the offices.
We are NOT the City Local Civil Registrar Office!
For ANY document related question, get in touch with the office!


Dumaguete City Local Civil Registrar
City Hall, Colon Street, Dumaguete City,
6200, Negros Oriental


Tel No. (035) 225 5853, 422 8118

Office Hours:

Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm

13 replies
  1. Mary Ann Lounette V. Balasabas
    Mary Ann Lounette V. Balasabas says:

    About civil wedding what am I going to do if my partner is in Canada and we’re planning to have a civil wedding when he come home , but he only have a 2 weeks here in the Philippines. We’re planning to process the requirements now but how ? When he is not here in the Philippines. Is it possible for me to comply in my own?

    • Daisy
      Daisy says:

      Good day!
      With all respect, we really hope you read the article. We placed a lot of effort going through the different offices just to give you FREE information and you don’t even try to read and understand it. Everything you need to know is in the article. We can only hope the best for your marriage.

      Best Regards,

  2. Racquel Noland Robles
    Racquel Noland Robles says:

    Good morning i born my son in dumaguite city but teh problem my name of the spelling is wrong instead Racquel is Rachel how to fix im not in philippines is any way i can do trough online tnq

  3. Genie Gotib
    Genie Gotib says:

    Hi Good afternoon, is ok to use affidavit? Instead of going to manila to get his capacity of his embassy for married? Salamat


    How can I get certified thru copy of my birthcertificate.i am leaving Binangonan rizal manila.
    I am born in colon extension dumaguete city.
    Thank you very much.

  5. George Philip
    George Philip says:

    Good day,
    I am going to live in Valencia and I am from Holland. As an expat, for reasons of pension requirements, I need every year a simple seal/stamp on a paper form (attest vita) supplied by my home country in order to prove that I am still alive. Can the stamping be done here in Dumaguete?
    Thank you for your kind help.
    Best regards,
    George Philip

    • Rosario - DC-Team
      Rosario - DC-Team says:

      We can not answer you question with 100% certainty. However, if a “simple” paper is enough, there should not be a problem. An affidavit from a lawyer cost a view hundred peso, if the municipality can´t issue a simple paper.
      You probably arrive here as a tourist. Would a copy of the official paper you get with the tourist visa extension already be enough?

      • George Philip
        George Philip says:

        Hello, Thank you very much for your kind, help. I am getting a simple standard affidavit from my country that only needs to be rubber stamped so I can send it back to them along with my own signature. So if the municipality can rubber stamp it then it will be suffcient. As an alternative, if the lawyer can rubber stamp it, that would be fine as well. Of course I pay the necessary fees to the one who does the stamping. Yes I arrive as a tourist, and if the tourist office can do the stamping, that would be fine too. So there are three valid alternatives 1) municipality gives stamp 2) lawyer gives stamp 3) tourist visa office gives stamp. Either way, all I need to do after the stamping is to mail the form back to my country. Thank you for the good help, and now I know there is always a way to solve the problem. Great service. Thank you very much and best regards, George

  6. Steven Gonzalez Couture
    Steven Gonzalez Couture says:

    My fiancé is from Dauin, but the city hall there doesn’t accept the FAQ that Canada doesn’t provide a certificate of legal capacity to married, Can we get the license for marriage in Dumaguete instead of Dauin? My embassy just tell us to have a local Notary sign a affidavit saying that I am single and able to get married. Can it work in Dumaguete? Is there a number we can reach with a cellphone? my Fiancé is cuyrrently working in Manila and wont be able to go back until September.

  7. m dale coughenour
    m dale coughenour says:

    I live in Bacong, and I need to have my first name legally changed. Can this be done thru your office? thanks, M. Dale Coughenour


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.