Filipino Voter’s ID
Requirements and Procedures
Any citizens of the Philippines can get a Filipino Voter’s ID. One must be at the minimum age of 18 years old and a residence of the Philippines for at least one year. You cannot be qualified for the said Voter’s ID if you have been sentenced to one year or longer imprisonment. If you are found responsible for any rebellious act, violation of authority, and of any kind of rule breaking you cannot get a Filipino Voter’s ID.
Requirements for Filipino Voter’s ID:
- Personal appearance in a local COMELEC office
- 2 valid IDs with the applicant’s photograph, address, and name
- Accepted IDs:
- Current employee’s ID with the signature of the employer or authorized representative;
- Postal ID;
- Student’s ID or library card, signed by the school authority;
- Senior Citizen’s ID;
- Driver’s license;
- NBI/PNP clearance;
- SSS/GSIS ID;
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID;
- License issued by the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) and;
- Any other ID which fits the criteria
- Accepted IDs:
Watch the COMELEC Registration – Requirements 📝 Video here:
Procedures for Filipino Voter’s ID:
- Please Sign in to the COMELEC’s IRehistro
- Select “new registration” and Fill the form
- Make a personal appearance schedule at your certain district office for your biometrics capture
- Have at least 3 copies of your application form
- Attend the scheduled personal appearance at the certain district office or satellite registration to submit the requirements and have your biometrics taken.
- Have COMELEC approve your forms.
- Once approved, you can now vote for the election.
Here are some Voter’s ID FAQs in the Philippines video:
A Voter’s ID is not necessarily a requirement for one to vote during Election Day. In the most unlikely of events, if one is questioned by the Board of Election Inspectors (BEI) during the Election Day, it is better to be safe than sorry to present his or her Voter’s ID or any valid ID.
Dumaguete.com is a private run website, sharing information we gathered from the offices.
We are NOT the COMELEC office! For ANY related questions, please get in touch with the COMELEC office.
Address and Contact COMELEC Dumaguete City
3rd floor Fruit Market Building
Tel. (035) 422-1736
8am – 5pm (Mon-Fri)